30 December 2015

Review: The Outlaw Takes a Bride by Susan Page Davis


Too Obvious

I like a good mystery as much as anyone, but I like it to be a mystery. I’d pegged the villain by Chapter Two, and reading a couple more chapters only deepened my conviction. So I was naughty: I skipped to the end, found out I was right, and was left wondering why the ‘hero’ hadn’t guessed.

I’m sorry, but I have no desire to spend four or more hours reading a whodunit when it was obvious. It didn’t help that the romantic leads hadn’t met each other by the time I gave up. But it seemed obvious from the 10% I did read that their early relationship was going to be defined by lies, and that didn’t seem like a fun read either.

I usually like Susan Page Davis, but this failed to engage me.

Thanks to Barbour Publishing and NetGalley for providing a free ebook for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment